6.28.2010

Conversation with a 2 year old

Mommy - "Good morning Jules."

Jules - "Daddy here?"

Mommy - "No, Daddy is at work."

Jules - "Oh.  Jack?"

Mommy - "He's downstairs."

Jules - "Monster is outside.  He get me."

Mommy - "A monster is going to get you?"

Jules - "Yes.  We hide."

Mommy - "Ok, but do you need to potty first?"

Jules - "Yes.  Hurry!"

(head to the bathroom and she hides under her bear that is as big as she is)

Mommy - "Are you ready for breakfast and choc milk?"

Jules - "Yes.  Carry me."

(downstairs cooking breakfast)

Mommy - "Ok, Jules do you want eggs, toast and strawberries?"

Jules - "Yes."

(5 minutes pass)

Jules - "Me want chips."

Mommy - "I'm not giving you chips.  I am making breakfast."

Jules - "CHIIIIIIIPS."

Mommy - "No chips."

Jules - "Cereal?"

Mommy - "No cereal today."

(Jules standing in front of the refrigerator)

Jules - "I want sandwich."

Mommy - "No."

Jules - "Burger?"

Mommy - "Good grief, no burger."

Jules - "I hungy" (yes, no 'R')

Mommy - "I know Jules I'm working on it."

Jules - "Ok Mommy.  Cereal too?"

Mommy - "Ok, fine.  You may have cereal too."

(sits down to eat and starts banging the table with her fork)

Jules - "Nana take my fork."

Mommy - "Yes, she did.  You were banging on the table."

Jules - "Daddy take fork too.  Monster on your arm.  I get it." (starts banging on my arm with a fork)

Mommy - "Yikes, that hurts!"

Jules - "I get monster."

Mommy - "I don't have a monster on my arm."

Jules - "Yes, you do."

Mommy - "Oh, ok, but would you please not poke the monster with a fork?  It hurts."

Jules - "Ok mommy."

No comments: