Today was also Julia's first trip to a movie theater. I wasn't sure how this would all work out. Jack loves movies and Julia, well she's two. They were both really excited to be going and I was thankful to get out of the house for a bit.
I expected madness at the theater, but it was relatively calm for the number of children that were there. What I didn't know was that they have booster seats for children. Makes perfectly good sense, but I never thought to ask for one. This would have helped with the little lady. She is so small and weighs so little that she kept sliding to the back of the chair, folding herself in half, feet sticking up. You get the picture. Now, you might be thinking, "why didn't you get up and get one?" You might also be thinking, "why didn't you let her sit with you?" Well, I didn't need to do either of these things because I bet she sat in her chair for 20 minutes total. The rest of the time, she walked up and down our isle (no one else was on this isle and she is so short no one could see her from the row behind us), she looked for pieces of popcorn she had dropped on the floor (nasty) and attempted to lick the back of the seat in front of her. Oh, yes she talked a lot too . Fortunately, it was a theater full of moms with children talking at various points throughout the movie so no one cared.
At one point I got up to get popcorn and a soda because I thought that might occupy her for a bit. She loves popcorn and it did keep her in her seat until she realized that she was having to share with her brother at which point she picked up the bag and moved about 6 seats away from us because she didn't want him to have any. The same thing happened with the soda of course. I only bought one of each because it cost me $11.25 for a SMALL soda and popcorn. Really? I couldn't believe it. I mean, how is that even possible? I didn't want to buy anything in the first place. I brought snacks, which the kids devoured within moments of entering the theater and I didn't bring drinks because I didn't want to get up and down taking people to the bathroom. However, I caved when the little lady started yelling, "I wan dink mommy!"
After the drink was gone then they wanted to dig around for ice. Seriously kids, let's try watching the movie here. I mean at home, they zone out like little zombies when a movie is on, but when you go to a theater with other people they want to argue about who ate the last kernel of popcorn and slurped the last drop of soda.
You know what? It was fun. My children are entertaining and they are people with personalities and I love that.
Thank you to my sweet husband for letting me be the one to witness these little people walk up and down the isle of the movie theater instead of watching the movie, watching them argue over stale popcorn and flat soda, and in general for allowing me the opportunity to watch our little people grow up. There is never a dull moment for sure.
I bribed him with a cookie for this picture. I admit it. I did it. Hey, sometimes bribery works and really in this instance, it was totally worth it.

1 comment:
...and thank you for being the one to care for my precious little people day in and day out, even when it is tough. I can't say thanks enough!
Post a Comment