We were walking through the parking lot the other morning when we walked near a cigarette butt on the ground. The little lady happened to step on it and this is what happened next...
"Julia, you stepped on that nasty cigarette. Do you know that you will die instantly if you smoke one of those and you will go to heaven with Scoutie? You know, he's dead, but he didn't smoke or anything he was just old. Don't smoke Julia."
That was it. He said nothing else.
Man, I don't have to give any stern advice or warnings at all. All I have to do is sit back and let Jack do all the work. AWESOME.
8.18.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it! Hope they both remember in about 12 years!
Just an example that kids do listen when you talk to them, even if they do not want you to know that they do. Jack must have heard someone say that smoking is bad for you.
I guess Action will bring up Scoutie for years!! Scout will be the source of all things involving heaven, death, cigarettes, anything dangerous, etc. What a character!!
Post a Comment