Well, unfortunately the little lady did not forget what she learned yesterday afternoon and promptly climbed out of her bed. I'm sure I started throwing eye daggers at my son, but Mark quickly reminded me later that it was going to happen sooner or later so while it did happen sooner than I liked I was really allowed to blame him. I will admit I was annoyed though. I didn't want to put a gate up in the hallway. Why you ask? Well, because everything is still so nice and new around here and if there is a gate it is going to leave a mark on the door frame and well, that is just ugly. I put the gate up anyway. I did go up first thing this morning to remove it so that the Jack could come downstairs when he woke up. Funny thing is, they both wanted to put it back up because they wanted to play "garbage." What is garbage you ask? I had to ask myself because I didn't know either. It is actually a pretty simple game. You put the gate up so it blocks off the hallway and you dump ALL of the toys in the playroom into that space. Yeah! Hey, they had a good time and were using their imagination so I didn't say much about it. They were required to clean it up before we could do anything else. I mean, I couldn't even get down the hallway.
Seeing the gate actually gave me a good little chuckle. It reminded me of when Scout was a puppy. You couldn't trust that little dog for five minutes so I learned that I had to put up a gate anytime I left him. If I didn't he would tear things up or get himself into some kind of mischief. One morning I came back from running a quick trip to the store and he had torn a whole in my carpet (down to the pad) and was just sitting there is a pile of carpet fibers. I guess he just started digging and kept going. I don't think he stopped until her heard me enter. I'm sure I didn't laugh at the time, but it is funny now. I can still picture it. He still had floppy ears at the time. After that I almost always put a gate up in the kitchen and he could run around in there while I was gone. I figured that was better than him being in a kennel. I came home one particular day and he was lounging on my bed. The gate was still in place. I could not figure out what happened for the life of me. I quickly learned that I would need two gates because he would climb over just one. He was like a little squirrel. Too bad I didn't have a video camera. That would be a site to see today. I remember Mark telling me that Chloe did the same thing when she was little.
It was a nice little memory of Scout, which was good for me today. The vet called this morning to tell me that Scout was back. What does that mean? Well, you see I didn't have anywhere to bury my dog and quite honestly I could not stand the thought of him being thrown in a mass grave with a bunch of other animals. That sounds absolutely horrible! I was already sad enough as it was, that just made it worse, which is hard to imagine, but it is true. I just couldn't do it. I understand why that is done, I get it, but I didn't like it so Scout was cremated by himself and I now have to pick up the ashes. I think Mark looked at me shocked when I told him this, but he wasn't going to say too much to his hysterical wife. Now, while I won't have my friend sitting on my mantle I will bury him under a tree or something of that sort. He liked to lounge around so it seems that lounging under a tree would be a good spot.
Off to remain busy. Todays agenda....homemade jellyfish out of fruit cups and yarn :)
Amy
8.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Buffy is in a flower bed (now it's "her" bed). It will always be Scout's tree!
Post a Comment