8.06.2010
Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend
Today, I said goodbye to my friend of 14 years. While, selfishly I had hoped that God would intervene and take him one night in his sleep, I had to make the decision to end his suffering. It was a difficult one, actually more difficult than I imagined that it would be, but he was beyond miserable.
I was crushed to say goodbye, but I think he is in a better place.
While admittedly I will not miss him tinkling on my things (bless his heart), I will greatly miss how he used to curl up under the covers and sleep near my feet. I will miss how he always welcomed me home. I will miss my friend, greatly.
I tried to think of stories to write about today, but today was not the right day for that. Maybe another time.
Today, I will just say, "feel better my friend. You will be missed."
Amy
PS - Jack has informed me that I will feel much better when Scoutie is heaven. God bless that boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that God helped you make your decision. Scouty will be missed by all.
Post a Comment