Wednesday night was quite the comedy show with the little man. I thought I would share a few conversations I had with him. All of these happened within a 2 hour time period. I just continued laughing, although sometimes I had to keep the laughter to myself :)
We are headed to soccer practice. We were so glad that the rain stopped so that we could head out. He has his first game this Saturday and hasn't been able to practice much because it has been raining or the fields have been too wet. Well anyway, we are in the car and he starts to talk about strangers. That is a big deal right now. Who are strangers, when it is ok to talk to strangers, etc. So, he tells me that he doesn't know any of the kids on his team and that they are all strangers and he isn't going to talk to them. I remind him that he didn't know anyone at his school when he first started, but he has a lot of friends there now. He responds by saying, "well, mommy the kids at school are my friends and I think that is enough." I started to keep going, but I figured he would make friends when he wanted to and it wouldn't do me any good to push it.
Soccer practice is over and I have the little peeps in the car and Cobra Captain (I designated him as that) says, "mommy, where is my journey?" I didn't know what he was talking about so I asked him what he meant by "journey". Let me tell you first, if you don't understand something that he says or how he says it, he gets really frustrated with you and instead of trying to explain it a different way, he just says the exact same thing only a lot louder. Well, I tell him again that I do not know what a journey is and finally he says, "MOMMY, you know the thing that I wear to my game when I run around!" Ohhhhhhhhh, you mean a jersey. To which he responds with, "yeah, that is what I said, JOURNEY."
and.....the final story for this post. Jack, being the typical little person doesn't listen or hear very well. Actually, I think he just hears what he wants to, but I have done that before (ha), so I probably shouldn't complain too much. Anyway, I am always telling him that he must have potatoes in his ears and that would be why he doesn't hear very well. So he is taking his bath and I tell him that we really need to clean his ears and he says, "yes, I really think I have a lot of potatoes in there, that is why I don't hear you very well."
Funny kid!
Love ya -
Amy
9.23.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment