9.22.2009

Who you talking to?

This past weekend we started working on the house (AGAIN) and this time we decided to tackle the yard. Our yard is very nice, but needed a little TLC and since the weather was GORGEOUS on Sunday it seemed like the perfect day to mark that to-do off of our ever growing list. We are all out in the front yard adding new mulch to the flower beds when I notice that the bag says "doesn't float", (in this case "we" means minus the little lady, she would be good at destructing or destroying things, but not at beautifying things at this point, except with her gorgeousness.....she is called the Beauty Queen after all). ANYWAY, so I am reading the bag and I say, "doesn't float, YEAH RIGHT", because all mulch floats away if enough rain comes. I mean they aren't little tiny pieces of rock and if it doesn't float away then why do I have to add new mulch every year? Answer me that! Seriously, why do they say doesn't float? Maybe they should say, "doesn't float AS MUCH" or "this stuff is cheap because we know it floats away". Anyway, so I say what I say thinking that Popsie can hear me, but the only person that hears me is Jack. He looks over at me, wrinkles up his nose and says, "are you talking to yourself?" Of course I started laughing, because I guess I was kind of talking to myself, but what is particularly funny in this case is that my mother used to talk to herself A LOT and I often wondered who she was talking to. I guess as they say, "they apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Maybe talking to yourself is hereditary :)

BTW, who are THEY anyway?

Love ya -

Amy

PS - I have some absolutely beautiful pics of the little Beauty Queen (who will never be in a beauty pageant by the way. Seriously, those things are ridiculous). I'll try to post later.

2 comments:

The Hag said...

What you said? Pictures please, and not the ones from last night :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was talking to myself while reading the blog. Ha!