9.23.2009
Stabbed in the Heart
This morning we are all getting ready for a nice walk outside. I mean, with weather like this you have to take advantage and get out and enjoy some fresh air. If there is even such a thing in Dallas. Anyway, we are talking about the weather getting cooler and whether or not that means it is winter. So I explain that winter isn't for a few more months which leads us to talking about Christmas. Jack then begins to ask me about Santa and why he brings toys. To which I respond with the standard parental response of, "Santa brings toys to good little boys and girls." Ok, so here is where the dagger drives straight into my heart. He asks me if he is a good boy, which of course I say "yes" because he is. He is a spirited little child, but he is certainly a good boy. Then he says, "if I am a good boy then why did Santa forget to bring me a clock last year?" OH MY GOSH! Jack did ask for a clock and we bought one, but it was pure junk so I sent it back (before it was ever given to him). I sent it back because the kid had more than enough gifts so surely it didn't matter that he wasn't getting a clock. Goodness gracious, does he remember everything? I cannot remember squat, not really sure what that is about. Actually, I have a selective memory. I can remember trivial, mundane things, but other things just get filed away into the black hole file never to be retrieved again. This kid however, can remember EVERYTHING! I mean seriously, he remembers the ONE thing he didn't get last year for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe Santa will bring it this year... hint, hint.
Post a Comment