5.26.2010

Alert Alert!

When the little guys is serious about something he says "alert alert."  I'm not certain when that started or why he chose those words.  Maybe he realized that we stopped coming for all of the so called "emergencies" so he had to come up with a new way to get our attention.  I will say, when he says "alert, alert," I know that it must really be something important, even if just a little.

This morning I am gathering a few things for our trip to the park when I hear, "alert alert."  It didn't sound urgent, so I didn't come flying into the room, but my ears did perk up.  He came and told me that we had a little dinosaur in the entryway.  I thought he was kidding because he does know that dinosaurs are extinct, but I went to look anyway.  Oh, it obviously wasn't a dinosaur, but whatever it was, was alive and it looked ugly.  I poked it with a stick and it scurried toward the office.  Then all of a sudden I saw it!  A sharp, needle-like tail.  It was a scorpion!  A scorpion.  Goodness gracious!  I have never seen a scorpion in my whole life, in person that is, and now standing in my entryway is this evil little creature that wants to sting one of the three of us.

Well, just like the pesty crane fly this dude is about to be squashed like a bug.  Although, all I have with me is a broom and it doesn't really seem to work well when you try to squash a creature with the soft bristles of a broom and I'm not going to go around banging the plastic across my wood floors either.  However, I'm afraid he is going to make a run for it so I start whacking away with the bristles and all of a sudden he is gone.  I'm afraid I have flung him somewhere.  Probably hanging on the back of my heck or something.  That would just be par for the course these days.  Yes, you are visiting with pessimistic Amy today.  I look around and no scorpion.  Dude, where is this thing.  Finally, I step out and bang my broom on the bricks and he falls out.  If any of the neighbors saw me they probably think I'm not all together.  I do talk to crane flies though so maybe they aren't too far off.

Anyway, we left him to die on our doorstep.  I wanted to check it out later.  Here is what it looked like.



The painter had just been here.  I wonder if he left this little friend as a message.  I think he is saying, "senora, jew need to stop complaining."

1 comment:

The Hag said...

aaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhh!