5.05.2010

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Today has been a wonderful day.  I had a few cups of coffee and searched the Internet for party ideas.  I am currently on a mission to make a Candyland castle.  We will see if I can accomplish this or not.  I figured the kids would enjoy playing in a cardboard playhouse, even if only for an afternoon.  Plus, I figured they would enjoy building it.  Popsie made a playhouse for Jack a couple of years ago and he thought it was fabulous.  He even ate lunch in there.

Anyway, so I heard feet shuffling across the floor and there is Jack grinning ear to ear.  I could only assume that he slept peacefully and was in a good mood.  We made chocolate milk, our morning ritual, and then sat in the living room to have a chat.  It was great.  As I looked at him I saw a young teenager visiting with me.  Very odd feeling.  We were talking about all that we needed to do today and I told him we needed to figure out what to have for dinner since it was Cinco de Mayo.  I asked if he would like to try tacos.  He of course said that he didn't like them, although he has never even tried one.  I mean what kid doesn't like tacos?  I even said that very thing.  He just looked at me as if to say, "I don't have to like what all other kids eat."  I guess this is certainly true, but I kept pushing the tacos.  Maybe I want tacos.   He said that tacos meant lettuce and he doesn't eat lettuce.  I tried to explain that the beauty of a taco was that it was 1) crunch and 2) you could make it any way that you liked.  So he responds with this....

"Ok, then I would like mine with peanut butter and honey."

Good grief!  This kids is going to turn into a peanut butter and honey sandwich.  I absolutely love peanut butter, but I wouldn't want to eat it every day.

1 comment:

The Hag said...

please recall what you ate for the last month Jack was in the womb...