5.27.2010

Lem-naaaaide anyone?

The little lady has a true suthun drawl just like her mama.  Last night while doing a little pretend play she offered me some lem-naaaaide.  Gosh, I just melted hearing her sugary sweet drawl.  I love it!  

Close your eyes (after you read this of course).  You are driving down a quiet country road lined with old oak trees.  It is the middle of July and it is sweltering hot in Savannah.  You are headed to the old plantation out on Mulberry drive because there is a sweet little suthun belle selling lem-naaaaide for a nickle.  You step out of the car and head toward the homemade lem-naaaaide stand.  No one is there.  You are no longer in the air conditioned car and beads of sweat are rolling down your back.  All you want is some ice cold lem-naaaaide.  You reach for your handkerchief to dab the sweat off of your forehead when all of a sudden a blond haired, blue eyed beauty peeks out from behind a tree and says, "you here for lem-naaaaide?"


2 comments:

The Hag said...

I'll take a tall glass!

Anonymous said...

I loved that story. I loved that picture.