5.04.2010

Messy fun!





Yesterday I received a package in the mail for the birthday festivities and it was FULL of those little styrofoam peanuts.  Oh, as soon as I opened the box I wanted to throw them up into the air and start dancing around, but it was late and Mark was about to be home and I needed to start dinner.  It would have been entirely too much mess to clean up before dinnertime so I decided to wait.  I did tell Jack that we would be playing a game with them later.  Even though he didn't know what the game was going to be he wanted to play immediately.  I made him wait.


Today, after running some errands and after the contractors left (yes, they were here again), we ate lunch (we needed energy for our next task) and we dove in.  I did sit them down an attempt to explain that there were some rules and if they didn't follow them, or try anyway, we would have to clean up and throw the peanuts away.  They seemed agreeable.  


They had the best time.  We have spent so much time lately cleaning, organizing and more cleaning that there hasn't been a lot of kid time.  This seemed like an appropriate kid time kind of mess.


I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!    




doesn't this room look nice and clean?  It is always nice and clean.  Sometimes it's nice to get a little messy.  Although, what you can't see in this picture is that I haven't cleaned up the kitchen yet.  I usually do that before Popsie gets home.  Well, I try to anyway.  Ok, so this nice clean room is about to be covered with white peanuts and screaming kids running around enjoying the mess.  First, I must explain the rules.



do you think he is listening to the rules?



don't be fooled by the smile.  she isn't listening to me at all.  she is waiting to dive into the pile of peanuts



anxiously waiting for me to throw "snow" at them.  They kept inching closer.



Ready...set...go!















I'n comeeeeeng (yes, I'n)








No comments: