5.18.2010

Rain makes for happy, laughing children

We had a rather heavy rainstorm here yesterday, which offered up a great opportunity for fun.  Several weeks ago it rained and my little fella asked if we could all put on our rainboots and splash around.  I told him yes, but sadly, we ran out of time.  He asked again yesterday.  How could I  pass up the opportunity twice?  Well, I couldn't of course.  Popsie looked at us a little funny as if this was a crazy idea.  Maybe it was because I had on shorts AND tall rainboots.  He probably should have suggested that I put on some longer pants.  Come to think of it, maybe that is why the neighbor looked at me funny.  I'll have to rethink my outfit the next time I decide to head out to splash in puddles.  Or maybe, just maybe, they were the silly ones because they weren't taking advantage of this opportunity for a little fun.  I think that is more like it.

Anyway, 3 out of the 4 of us have rainboots.  I love them.  I have worn them many, many times.  My only regret is that I didn't ask for a red or green pair.  That is what I will get next time, but next time will probably be a long time.  I mean, my feet aren't growing and how many pairs of rainboots does a city girl need?  Seriously, it isn't like I am out on the farm milking cows,  herding sheep, tending to the crops or anything of that sort.  Don't those people wear rainboots?

Ok, so back to my story.  The kids and I went out to play in the rain puddles, which was great fun by the way.  They laughed, they giggled, they splashed around and had a fabulous time.

But tell me, what do you think a 2 year old does when you tell her that she can play in the water?  Why, she sits down in it of course!  Her brother spends the majority of his time splashing around until he finds a worm and then he decides he will have a seat and check things out. 









No comments: