9.20.2010

The Apple Really Doesn't Fall Far

I am a competitive person by nature.  I like to win.  Now, I'm not so competitive that I stomp my feet and pout or throw a fit when I don't win or come in first, but I do like to win.  It could be  coming in first or doing something for the longest.  Who doesn't like to win?  I mean are there people that really LIKE to lose?  If so, please let me meet them because I have some questions I would like to ask them.

So the other night Mark and I are getting ready for bed.  He starts brushing his teeth with one of those battery operated things and I piddle around a little.  I then start to brush my teeth and he is still going at it.  So I brush and brush and brush.  He is still brushing.  I swear it takes like 10 minutes to brush your teeth with a powered toothbrush.  As I am standing there I am thinking to myself, gosh I think I could go watch and entire episode of Friends and this guy would still be brushing his teeth.  I keep brushing and so does he.  He starts to laugh, but I don't know why.  Yes, he is laughing while brushing his teeth, which is turning in to be being the Worlds Record for teeth brushing.  FINALLY he is finished.  Well, I have to brush for a few more seconds and then I am done.  My goodness, I think my gums are raw from the lengthy cleaning.  So I ask him what was so funny and this is what he says, "You were trying to brush longer than me weren't you?  You just had to win."  I started laughing because it was oh so very true, however, I wasn't intentionally thinking, I have got to win this, I just kind of kept brushing.  Mostly because I was having a conversation with myself about how long it was taking him to brush his teeth.  So when I respond with, "well, yes I guess I was trying to win, " this is how he responded to me....

"Ok Jack.  You two are just alike."  Ooooooh burn!  Now, why is this particular funny?  Well, because I regularly get my feathers ruffled because he insists on being first at almost everything.  Man, he will just about mow his sister down to be first up or down the stairs, you need to read his story first, he needs to get the plate first, etc.  So, my whole point is, I guess that apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.  Although, I would like to point out that my dear sweet husband also likes to win!

Happy Monday!   

1 comment:

The Hag said...

Well, I'm the real winner becasue I have you and Jack (and the little lady of course)!