9.13.2010

Yittle Yonger?

My children are growing up and they are growing up too fast.  Everyone always says, "gosh, I just brought them home yesterday," or "oh, you really should enjoy them because they will be gone before you know it."  For crying out loud it is true!  I did just bring them home.  Yesterday it seems.  I remember both of them as little tiny creatures and their only cares were to be held, fed and to have clean britches.  Gosh, it isn't that way any longer and they are just barely 2 and 4.  They don't require snuggling or cuddling.  Although, Jack will still let you snuggle up with him, especially at nighttime.  They don't require rocking in the chair for long periods of time.  They don't require my constant attention.  Yes, yes I realize that they are still little and they still require  a lot, but surprisingly, they can do a lot for themselves.  Which means that I just aimlessly walk around trying to figure out what to do with myself.  Oh my, maybe that is why I can't seem to get anything done?  (note to self: work on the aimlessly walking around thing)

OK, so the whole point of this post is to tell you how I long to hear my youngest speak.  I love the way she enunciates words.  It reminds me that she is still tiny even though she thinks she isn't.  She now reminds me almost daily of that by saying "I not baby, I Julia."  For those of you interested, she pronounces her name Jule-ya.  Many of you will recall that I reminded people in the early days of her life that her name was not Jule-ya (2 syllables) it was Jule-lee-a (3 syllables).  I have since given up trying to correct the world, but I will eventually have to work on how she totally mispronounces her own name.  For goodness sakes!

However, there is one word in particular that I do not want to correct.  That word is "yittle."  She says it all of the time.

"Mommy, can I have yittle snack?"

"Mommy, can I pay yittle yonger?" (see a pattern here?  She has trouble with L's)

"Mommy, can I have yittle more chocolate milk?"

Yittle, yittle, yittle....I hear it all day long and I love it.  I love how her voice is so soft and innocent, well until she starts screaming of course.  When she looks at you with those big, beautiful blues eyes and says, "mommy, just a yittle yonger please?"  Oh, all is right with the world.  Alright indeed.

Below is a sampling of pictures of my yittle Julia Rose.  I must warn you....you will not be able to stand the cuteness....seriously!    

Amy















(have you noticed a trend in pictures of little lady and her brother?  She is often times looking at him.  She loves him!)
















































No comments: