Oh, today was a sweet day. Sweet, in that I had some one on one time with the little lady. We didn't do anything extraordinary, but it was nice to spend some time with her all by myself. It was nice for her to be able to do something that normally she wouldn't get to do, like wash blueberries. Actually, they weren't blueberries at all, they were grapes, but she insisted that they were blueberries so I gave up and just rolled with it. I mean, what difference does it make really? At least she was eating a fruit, so hey what do I care what she decides to call them? The little girl thought she hit the jackpot. She was so excited to be able to stand at the sink and wash off the blueberries before lunch. Now, I will have you know that the child washed each and every individual blueberry. Delicately she pulled each blueberry and washed it, placed it on a towel and when it was dry she would place it in a separate bowl. EACH AND EVERY ONE! Goodness, it took forever, but it was fun to watch her enjoy herself. It is funny how easily children are entertained, at least most of the time. I was entertained just watching her. Oh, it really is the simple things....
I had no idea that washing fruit was so much fun.
patiently waiting
and the process begins
Oh, maybe she is still "yittle" after all. She is on her tip toes trying to reach the faucet.
who knew this was so much fun?
well, I guess not ALL of the blueberries made it into the bowl.
can't you just see the excitement on her face?
and as she would say, "ta da," she is finished
I am now bored with lunch, please take my picture "yike dis" she says
And just because I think she is absolutely gorgeous, even when she is trying to flash me.
1 comment:
What a Precious Angel!!
Post a Comment