9.29.2010

Suspicions Confirmed

Yes, yes we are still alive and still here, but life has been a little bit chaotic lately.  Although, I seem to say that a lot so maybe that is what life is like.  Anyway, I will get to all of that some other time, but I wanted to tell you about some very inneresting (yep, that's how I spelled it) information I found.  You see, sometimes I read my husbands Men's Health magazine.  Why?  Well, I assure you it isn't because I am interested in it, but I do think they have some funny things in there.  You know they give men various "tips" and whatnot and I seem to find humor in some of these things.  The other day however, I stumbled upon a small little section that just rocked me to my core and it wasn't funny at all.  Well, it didn't really rock me to my core, but it seemed more dramatic to say it that way.  It did confirm the fact that it is perfectly OK to be afraid of hornets, wasps, bees, spiders and snakes!  Oh yeah!  This is what it says....

Animals to avoid:

The top five most lethal creatures, by number of U.S. deaths from 2002 to 2006 (you would think they could have a little more up-to-date data.  My gosh, we know the every move of random celebrities, but we don't have up-to-date information on the most lethal creatures?  Go figure.)

Hornet, wasp, bee:  315 deaths
Dog: 142
Spider: 46
Snake: 26
Alligator, crocodile: 4

So for all of your doubters out there.....it is just fine for me to run around acting like a crazy person when one of the following come at me....Hornet, wasp, bee, spider and or snake.  Yeah, yeah I bet you are also sitting there thinking, "good grief woman, get a hold of yourself.  Look at the numbers there is such a small chance of that ever happening."  Well, think about how those 315 people feel that were killed by a bee.  Yeah, nuff said.  Proved my point....it is totally acceptable to be afraid, freeze from fear or to run like hell.

No comments: