10.26.2009

About six weeks ago, I decided that I would make the little beauty queen's Halloween costume. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. We hadn't sold our home, heck, we didn't even have it on the market at the time. At this moment, it seems like a terrible idea. Especially considering the fact that I haven't started on it and it has to be ready for school on Thursday. They have a Halloween party at school every year and the kids get to dress up of course. For all the money parents spend on costumes these days they should get to wear it more than once. Since my sweet son saved me money by recycling his costume I shouldn't complain too much.

So today, I will begin the task of sewing a garment. I have never sewn clothes before. I told you before that I have sewn many things with my mother, but I believe I also explained that she usually ended up doing the sewing because I didn't have the patience to sit there. My patience has increased since having children, at least a little. Although my sweet husband might disagree. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how far I make it with this little fairy costume. The kids are home today and since the little lady likes to put EVERYTHING in her mouth, I don't think that she and pins and needles will mix that well together. Wish us luck.

I'll post pictures later, but this is where we begin.

Love ya -

Amy

PS - We signed papers for the most beautiful home yesterday. More about that later.

No comments: