10.19.2009

Nuns and Witches

Today we headed out to the Arboretum to take some pictures, or try to anyway, and get a little fresh air. We have been so busy lately with the house that the kids haven't had a lot of time to just be kids lately. Seriously, if you walked into our home today you wouldn't know that we even had any. Even their rooms are spotless. I figured today would be a good day to get out for a bit and just let them run around. The weather is perfect today so we headed out. Little did I know that it is Mommy and Me day at the Arboretum and every stay-at-home mom in Dallas was there today. We had a great time despite the crowd. I even got a front row spot. I willed the spot to be open and sure enough it was. I swear!

Anyway, as we are driving up we see two nuns walking down the street. Obviously, we knew that they were nuns by their attire, but I do not believe my little guy has ever seen, or met, a nun before. So he says, "mommy, why are they dressed like that?"

I respond by explaining that is what nuns wear and I tried to explain their role in the church and this is what he says, "they look like witches to me!" HA! I could hardly control the laughter. I mean, come on that is funny. Now, it was particularly funny for me because it made me think of the mean teacher at the Catholic school that would swat you on the hand with a ruler if you broke the rules. Did this ever happen to me? No, I have never even attended a Catholic church service before, but people talk...

Love ya -

Amy

PS - this is a picture of my best friends daughter. Isn't she gorgeous?

No comments: