Today, we were driving around. That seems to be all that we do these days. Aimlessly drive around, trying to figure out where our next home will be. So this afternoon we headed out to a home in McKinney. Not because we plan to live there, but because they had a model I wanted to look at to see if I was interesting in having it built. We have a long drive home because we are sitting, literally sitting, in traffic. I did not plan this trip very well. So I decided I would make a few phone calls. I am trying to be proactive and have all of our services cancelled or transferred, although I don't know where to transfer them. I am proactive in some things and procrastinate in others, but we have covered this topic before. So I start to make a phone call and Jack says, "mommy, I have a question." I asked him to wait a minute because I was on the phone. You see I was trying to cancel our home owners insurance and I was trying to pay attention to what was being said when the call was dropped. As soon as Jack realizes that I am no longer talking he starts with the questions again. I once again asked him to wait a minute because I was on the phone. He did not like this. Finally, I finish my conversation with the insurance guy, who did not give me the warm and fuzzies about how to cancel our service. I mean, seriously, who mails letters anymore? Isn't there an online system or an 800# for me to call? So I say to Jack, "ok buddy, what is your question?" To which he replies, "you wasted your question so I am not going to ask it anymore." Well, I guess he told me!
After he said that, I guess he wanted me to know that he did not like me dismissing him for an insurance man, he asked me, "so mommy, when are we going to be home?" HA!
Love ya -
Amy
10.22.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment