As you all know, we put our house on the market about two weeks ago and we had an offer on it the first day. It was wonderful, yet terrifying. What was so frightening about it all was that we didn't have a place to go, well, technically we still don't. We have searched and searched and searched for a new home and have found nothing. We have looked in Grapevine, Hurst, North Richland Hills and there hasn't been one house that we both agreed was THE ONE. Popsie found a really nice house that he liked in Hurst, but the backyard had about one square of grass. The house was really nice and had a fabulous kitchen. I could really see myself whipping up some fabulous meals in that kitchen, but the back yard made me ache. Lets just say that we did not agree on the size and beauty of the backyard. It was so small, it actually made me cry. It had about one square of grass back there. Now, it did have a lovely rock garden that my daughter wen to like a moth to a flame. What did she do with the rocks? Did she just look at them? NO! She wanted to rearrange them and there was an order. This would have driven Popsie mad and she wanted to put them all in her mouth. There wouldn't have been one moment that I could let her play out in the back yard without me. I would have had to watch her like a hawk to make sure that she didn't have a belly full of rocks. Also, it is important that I have space. I need my children to have space to frolic around play. There would have been no frolicking around on Texas Trail.
Each time we went out and looked we came home defeated and scared. We kept thinking about the fact that come Thanksgiving we would have no home. Then we have a birthday and Christmas and Popsie is afraid I might have a meltdown if we don't get to celebrate those things in our on home. He is probably accurate. I just might. However, I have to believe that all of these things have happened for a reason. We put our house on the market at the perfect time for the new buyers. They put a contract on our house sight unseen. Well, they had seen online pictures, but still. Of course I think our home is fabulous so why wouldn't they buy right? We have struggled with every area we have been to visit and I think that is because they weren't the right place. We haven't slept, we have had upset stomachs and headaches. To top it all off, we have had to keep this house spotless for two weeks. SPOTLESS! This is ridiculous living. My poor children haven't been allowed to do anything. I am glad for them that this will be over soon so that they can get back to playing and destroying. Although, I do believe that Popsie has really enjoyed how nice and neat the house has been.
Let me get back on track here. All of these events brought us around full circle to where we started 4 months ago. See we started out in the Grand Prairie-Mansfield area before he took this job. We wanted to make sure that there was an acceptable area to move to if we decided we needed to. Considering the fact that his 1 hr and 10 minute evening commute eats into our family time, a move became needed very quickly. He walked in the door we ate, gave baths and put the little lady to bed. There wasn't any time like we used to have together in the evenings. When we went out there the first time we looked in this one specific area, but the streets felt too tight and cramped and it didn't "feel" right. Today, we were in the same area, but in a different, nicer subdivision and it clicked for both us. It felt like a place we would live. A place where we would feel comfortable and a place where we would stay for many years. We will have room and space and we people come to visit there will be a bed for them. No air up mattresses or shuttling back and forth between houses. There will be a play area for the kids and the bedrooms have space to move around. It was wonderful. The only trouble is, there are no homes. Yep, no homes. We need to move in 31 days and they have no homes in this area. So, Popsie looks at me and asks me if I can suck it up for 3-4 months and we will build the place that we both like. I won't like it, you know, not having my own home during the holidays and not having a place for the little guys monster party, I won't like it at all, but I will suck it up if I can pick the things that we like. What we realized throughout this process is that we have very specific requirements in a home. I'm not sure how in the world we ever bought our current home. Maybe we have raised the bar because our home now is really very nice, but it wasn't when we started out. It was just an ok house with potential. Since we are moving, I guess we thought it should be nicer and we couldn't find anything that fit the bill in ALL areas. I think we have champagne taste on a beer budget.
After all of our searches we ended up in the same place we started, Grand Prairie Junction (as my mom calls it). As of this moment we have decided to build a house in the Grand Peninsula area of Grand Prairie. So, I will have to suck it up and be homeless (sort of) for Thanksgiving, my special little guys birthday, Christmas and my special big guys birthday too. In the end it will be fabulous, but it is going to be an interesting 4 months. Say some prayers people.
I'll post pictures throughout the process. This should be fun.
Here is to another adventure...
Love ya -
Amy
10.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment