This afternoon at lunch the little man and I are sitting there eating together when he asks me why we only pray at dinner. Well, let me tell you I didn't have an answer so I just kind of sat there for a minute feeling a little bit like a loser that my 3 year old was calling me out on my lack of prayer (not really). So I said, "I think that we should pray at lunchtime and give thanks for having food because not everyone has food." This was not the right thing to say. Not the right thing, because he didn't understand why people wouldn't have food. To this he responds, "well, why do they not have food? Do they not pray enough?" So now I have dug a bit of a hole for myself and I'm trying to explain that it is just how life is sometimes and that there are those that are less fortunate than us because of life events or maybe it boils down to the fact that they were born in an impoverished country where an abundance of food is lacking. He stops, reaches up the sky, claps his hand together and we say thanks that we are fortunate and that we do have food and an abundance of it.
My three year old is teaching ME to pray.
Love ya -
Amy
10.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment