10.10.2009

Too much ice people!

Good morning all! I hope you slept well. I am here in chilly Michigan and I actually have the heater on. I woke up to a VERY chilly room this morning. It isn't chilly in Texas until December. Anyway, I thought I would share a little bit about my journey to this point.

Yesterday I left the big D in a rush to make it to the airport to find out that might flight had been delayed by 2 1/2 hours. It really turned out ok though. I sat at a little diner and had breakfast. A real one too. I grilled breakfast sandwich on sourdough with pan fried potatoes and fresh fruit. Now doesn't that sound scrumptious? It was!

Finally, it is time to leave and fortunately I was in an aisle seat because had I been seated in a window seat I might as well have been sitting out on one of the wings. Honestly, this was the tiniest plane, but it wasn't. The tiniest plane came later. This plan at least had two seats on each side of the plane, but there were only about 15 rows. What was frightening about this flight was the take-off and landing. I thought the plane might fall apart it was shaking so much. I had a death grip on the arm rest during our landing. It was a quick flight so that was good and I was thankful. Let me add, I am not afraid of flying, not normally anyway. Although, I did have a very frightening experience when flying to Boston one time. The plane lost altitude very quickly, I almost threw up, there was a rushed landing without much explanation (in Connecticut) and then I had to rent a car to get to my final destination.

Anyway, so I told you I was on the tiniest plane.....uh-huh, that was the second flight. This flight had 13 rows, 2 seats on one side and 1 on the other. I know that there were only 13 rows because I was on that row, in a window seat (I don't like window seats), and right next to the bathroom. SERIOUSLY? I have moments of feeling claustrophobic and this seat did not help me. Fortunately for me, and for those around me (ha) this flight was about 20 minutes. We went up and then we went down and thank goodness because this was another bumpy ride. Obviously the people around me were seasoned travelers because they didn't flinch. While I on the other hand was having to remind myself to breathe.

The rest was smooth sailing, up until bedtime anyway. I found my luggage and picked up the rental and I was off. It is really pretty here. Hopefully I'll have time to snap some pictures to post later.

I made it back to the room after drinks and I was wide awake. It is an hour later here so I wasn't really tired and I was in a hotel room all by myself (that is a weird feeling) so I stayed up to watch Grey's. I missed it on Thursday and figured this would be a good time to catch up. What I have failed to mention is that there is an ice machine right outside my door. I think I could stick my hand, just my hand, out of the door and reach the ice. I didn't think much about it when I arrived. I was too excited about being here. Well, I should have thought about it. I didn't realize that people needed THAT much ice. It was a constantly stream of people, but I lost it (only to myself. I wasn't about to go charging out of my room in the middle of the night when I was here all by myself). So it is almost 1:30 and there has been a steady stream of people getting ice. I'm thinking someone must have a lot of beer in there room and maybe I should go ask for one. Maybe that would help me fall asleep. Anyway, I lost it at 1:30 because there were 3 people right outside my door, getting bucket and bucket and having a conversation as if it was 1:30 in the AFTERNOON. Well it wasn't people! So, finally I can't take it anymore. I have already called the front desk and asked for a new room. I open the door, I try not to leap out of the room at them, but I did, in the sweetest southern voice ask them to please leave. I wanted to say SHUT UP, but I didn't. They looked like deer in headlights and moseyed on down the isle to annoy some other guest.

Aside from that my trip is great. I already learned something new, which is totally awesome! I met several women, all of them much like myself. Just starting out and trying to find their way. So super excited.

Aside from the scary flights and the annoying people with ice buckets, this is friggin fabulous!

1 comment:

The Hag said...

Hope you're having fun! We miss you! xoxoxo