10.29.2009

Tooth Fairy

Many of you know that I have been having some trouble with a tooth of mine. Actually, trouble doesn't quite describe it. This is the root canal from hell. The root canal itself wasn't terrible, but my tooth has been hurting ever since. Actually, since this all started it has been SIX months! Last night the crown fell off and I was a snaggle tooth. Fortunately, it is one of the molars so you wouldn't know that I was toothless unless you were rooting around in my mouth, which obviously you wouldn't be doing. I tell you this to help you understand why Jack might be a little concerned about his teeth. He is very concerned about losing his teeth. He doesn't want to lose his teeth and wonders what it will be like when he does. Well, this morning we had some extra time and it was just the two of us hanging out talking about Halloween and wondering what his friends would be dressed as for the party today when all of a sudden he asks if people can still talk when they lose their teeth. I explain that you can still speak when you lose your teeth and when he loses a a tooth it will be so exciting because they tooth fairy will come and bring him money or presents. I was trying to keep my options open so I threw both out there. So we talk about the tooth fairy and how she comes when you are sleeping and leaves you a little something for losing a tooth. You can see the wheels turning and he is trying to process the idea of a fairy coming into his room at night. I think he was trying to decide if it was scary or not. Fortunately, he decided that she wasn't scary, but he did want to know where he was supposed to hide his tooth when the time comes. So we go back and forth discussing the tooth fairy when he stops and says, "mommy, did the tooth fairy come see you?" I said, "well yes of course, when I was younger and I lost my baby teeth." Well, I was about to learn what he was really talking about. He looks at me with his nose kind of crinkled up and says, "no mommy, you lost a tooth yesterday so did the tooth fairy come see you last night?" Ha! I guess I did lose a tooth, although thank goodness I didn't lose that crazy thing, it was expensive. I don't think the tooth fairy can afford this tooth. You would think it was platinum!

This morning was very nice. Jack isn't much of a morning person, but this morning he wanted to cuddle and visit. We even had time to play games before school. This all took place AFTER chocolate milk of course :)

I don't have any pictures of the Halloween parade because they are terrible. Seiously, T E R R I B L E! I will have some from Halloween though. Oh by the way, to all you seamstress' out there, I bow down to you. This sewing thing is tough. Poor little Jules has a modified costume. She did have a little fairy wand to go with it, but she decided she would use her wand as a weapon to hit her brother with instead of something to use for good deeds and well wishes. Crazy girl!

Love ya -

Amy

No comments: