I sewed some curtains and I did it all by myself! My mother tried in vain for most of my childhood to teach me to sew, but inevitably I would grow frustrated and she would finish the project. Actually, I think I would ask her to help/show me how to do something and then I would conveniently move on to something else. I have a tendency to get frustrated, throw my hands up in defeat and then move on to something else. Plus, sewing was never really my thing. However, it seems that I might have actually absorbed something from all of those dresses and jams (you know those bright knee length shorts) that we made together :) Since I now want someone to buy my house I decided I needed to add curtains to make it look a little nicer. I must pat myself on the back here. The one in the kitchen (the only one I have made thus far) turned out really nice. Now, I am not Martha Stewart (I seem to like to draw lots of comparisons to others), but it is nice nonetheless. I also sewed Jack a pumpkin blanket. Why a pumpkin blanket you ask? Well, that is what he asked for when I said we were going to try and sew something. So a pumpkin blanket is what he got and you would have thought that I hand stitched a masterpiece or something. Gotta love kids. They are usually so easily pleased. Unless of course you run out of chocolate for chocolate milk in the morning and then the world has officially come to an end.
Anyway, so the house is back together, ALL of the laundry was finished yesterday (AMAZING), I ironed some pants for Mark (hate ironing), made ABC flash cards with Jack, went to visit some friends, played hide and seek, played in the sand (Jules eats the sand.....why?), played music with Mark (Jules loves to shake her booty to groovy tunes), OH and on Saturday I had a photoshoot.
How did the photo shoot go you ask? Well, let me tell you. You see, anyone, absolutely anyone can take a picture.....yes anyone. But there is a difference between simply snapping a picture and taking a picture that people will cherish for years. It is difficult, incredibly difficult some might say (some = me). I prepare, I review the shots I want to get, I clean my camera, I sweat, I don't sleep, I engage in nervous overeating, I do all of these things in preparation and I get there and the first 10 minutes or so are terrifying. My brain does a complete memory dump of everything is in there. I stand there with a blank look on my face, a deer in headlights kind of look and I freeze. Why do I freeze? Again, I go back to the fear thing. That is a tricky little devil. Really messes people up. If Fear would just get out of the way, all would be good with the world, or my world anyway. Ok, moving on....so I freeze. See, this is from inexperience. I have spent years taking pictures for my family and dearest of friends and enjoyed every minute of it. Well, maybe not every minute considering the fact that I get frustrated because I want the perfect shot. What is considered perfect to one person may not be what the next person thinks is perfect. If I don't get what I consider perfect then my world comes to crashing down, kind of like the three year old that doesn't have chocolate milk in the morning.
Do I have some good pictures, absolutely, did I find my "money" shot, I wish that I could say yes, but I still have work to do. I still have lots to work on, lots to learn, lots to practice.
I just need more hours in the day......just 3 or 4 would be nice.
Love ya -
Amy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/haislercrew
PS - in order to leave comments you need to have an account. They have several options, but I use Google or Wordpress. Sorry, that I don't have a longer tutorial. Trying to work on something now and I keep procrastinating. We have discussed this before (ha).
PPS - do you like how I posed with my curtain? I am actually laughing out loud (for you old timers that is LOL)
No comments:
Post a Comment