8.12.2009

Food monster

I, or we, have created a monster! That monster is food that is cut into shapes (animal or not) or baked into small little packages (i.e. mini muffins). Over a year ago, we were really struggling with Jack and his eating habits and Popsie found that if we cut his sandwiches into shapes he would eat them. I also learned recently (I am a little slow) that he will eat fruit if it is in the shape of little balls. So each time I buy any kind of melon I whip out the melon baller and go to work. These are all things that parents do to get their children to eat something other than a cookie, cracker or any kind of sugary treat. Why is it they will eat a cookie of ANY kind, but fruit has to be in a shape, a sandwich has to be in the shape of the most current holiday (pumpkins, ghosts and witches are coming up). Anyway, the day before yesterday Jack and I made mini blueberry muffins. I thought maybe he could eat something else other than cinnamon chex for goodness sakes. I do cook other things too, but you get the idea. Plus, as you know he is a lot like his mom so when he finds something he likes he eats it until he can't stand it and then he moves on to something else. Although, neither of us have yet to tire of plain ol' mac-n-cheese. What do they put in that stuff?


Ok, getting back on track. This morning he informs me that he no longer likes big muffins and will only eat mini muffins from now on. So I guess every homemade bread product will now need to be in the shape of a mini muffin. Now, this might be ok, but not every homemade (package) muffin mix can be a mini muffin. Does cornbread have to be a mini-muffin too?

I guess when Popsie comes home from now on all of his food will be in the shapes. Last night I should have cut the turkey burger into a dinosaur :) We did have brownies for dessert, but they could have been crumbled up in a pile on a plate and that would have been just fine with Jack. Go figure.

Here are a few experimental pictures from yesterday (yes, the color is supposed to be that way).

Love ya -

Amy







No comments: