8.10.2009

Seals, water and a baby

Ok, so I told you I would get back to telling you about my dream last night. It wasn't quite a nightmare, but it wasn't a dream either. To me, a dream is peaceful, makes you feel nice, if you wake up too early, you want to clamp your eyes shut so that you can get back to that nice place. This is not what I experienced last night, nor was I really terrified. I was scared, but not terrified.

So I am walking down the street, actually on a ledge of some sort and there is water rushing down near my feet. You can tell that the water is probably 6 feet deep or more so I am careful not to fall into the water. Initially I was by myself, a younger self I might add, but then all of a sudden there was Julia. I was carrying her along with me when I looked down and saw about 20 seals floating in the water, but they were kind of climbing all over each other. Kind of like these turtles Mark and I saw a month or so ago in Waco at Buzzard Billy's. Those turtles were nuts. They couldn't have cared less about any of the other turtles, they just used their own kind as stepping stones to get some place. Not that I would have thought that turtles are "caring", but you get the idea. So we have me, a baby, rushing water and a bunch of seals. All of a sudden the seals stopped climbing over each other and decided that they were going to come after me and the baby. Now, they didn't appear aggressive as if they were planning some sort of an attack, it seemed more playful in nature, but remember there were a lot of them, and they are fatty, rubbery, thrashing around kind of creatures with these flippers that could just knock a lady (and a baby) into the rushing water whether they were playing or not. I make a mad dash for a gazebo that is conveniently near by and climb to the roof. Of course I am screaming, but then again this is a dream/nightmare so of course no one can hear me or no one is near so there I am holding a baby, perched onto of the very tip top of the gazebo roof watching as the seals are trying with all of their might to get to me and...........I wake up because it is 5:30 and I have to go the bathroom.

I tried to look it up in a dream dictionary, but they didn't give much insight.

Hopeful for more restful sleep tonight or at least a night without any crazy seals, rushing water or gazebo rooftops.

Love ya -

Amy

No comments: