8.10.2009

Rainbow of colors

Yesterday, I scratched my itch and went to look at houses in Grapevine. While the city of Grapevine is a nice one, some of the residents have a very interesting sense of style. By interesting I actually mean, "what were you thinking?"

While I take you on a trip through this one house, I want you to close your eyes so that you can walk with me and imagine what I saw yesterday. First, I need you to read, then close your eyes. If you close your eyes right now, well you won't be able to read the words (ha).

First, I want you to think bright, very bright, rainbow of colors. Now, I want you to take a deep breath. I want you to walk through the front door to a nice welcoming color of sea foam green. You feel nice and cozy right? Well now I want you to look to the left and I want you to visualize a dining room that is purple (walls, ceiling, everything). I want you to stand there for a moment and feel the walls kind of closing in on you because it is a little claustrophobic. Get out of there! Now, I want you to take a few steps and walk into a huge room that is as bright as the yellow sun. You would never be able to take a Sunday afternoon nap in this room. They say that yellow can give you the feeling of warmth. Well, it was so warm that I think my retinas might be burned. In this same room off to the left you will see a stark white kitchen, not one drop of color is in the room. It really seems out of place. It makes me think of a room in a scary movie, it is that white. You feel the need to escape, and fast, so you start to climb the incredibly steep stairs. No drinking would be allowed in this house, because if you were ever slightly off your game, you would slip down the high gloss evergreen colored stairs. I am a little afraid of these, but I move forward. I turn to the right at the stairs and I see a glowing room and I look to find a laundry room that is honestly the brightest pink I have ever seen and it has black and white tiled floors. I feel as if I have stepped into another time. What would ever possess someone to paint their laundry room this color of pink? I quickly realize this is not the room that was glowing, it was the room behind me. My retinas are most definitely burned at this point because I am blinded by an orange bathroom brighter than any color I think I have ever seen. What is strange is that this is a Jack and Jill bathroom. This vanity area is orange, the shower area is a very nice mocha color and then other vanity is a lilac. I am very confused by this combination of colors, actually the entire house at this point is confusing and odd. I then move to the dungeons and dragons room with the swords on the wall. I am too frightened so I continue on. I cannot even put into words the strangeness of this one. It has a painted picket fence on the wall, yet there are also some skulls in here. Not sure if at one point in time there was a sweet little girl that inhabited this place and then she grew into a dark and mysterious teenager. Again, I must keep moving. Finally, I have made my way to the master bedroom and I have been transported back to my childhood home. This is the southwestern room (ha). The walls are Terra cotta and I think every dream catcher ever made is hanging on the walls. These people really wanted to make sure that they never experienced any nightmares whatsoever. I am so uncomfortable at this point that I must get out of this place. There was no theme, no rhyme or reason. Nothing made any sense at all. I will give them the fact that they had one of the largest master bedroom closets ever! It was huge.

This place made our place look like it was straight out of the Pottery Barn catalog.

Oh well, the search continues. I need to either win the lottery or seriously start making some money because based on what I saw yesterday we either need to up our price range or buy a place like the one I described today, which means some major painting and/or renovations are in order.

Love ya -

Amy

PS - I had a very strange dream last night. I'll have to tell you about that one later. Maybe I am the one that needs the dream catchers :)

No comments: