8.24.2009

Sweet tea anyone?

In typical Haisler fashion we have been busy. As my Grandmother says, we have been busy living life. It is interesting that all the busyness is called living. When I thinking of "living" I think of relaxing evenings with the family, taking the kids to do something fun and exciting, or taking a fun trip with Mark, but the reality of it is, that isn't reality. Living is all of the little things that you do day in and day out to build relationships with people that you care about?

Anyway, so we have done some things for fun over the past couple of weeks. We looked at more houses in Grapevine. We found the most FABULOUS house ever. As soon as we drove up, I told Mark that I just must live there. It was GORGEOUS. There was a long narrow drive up the house, which had a country feel, but you were still in the city. I like the country feel, but I cannot be away from "places". First you walked to the front of the house and what ever do you find? You find the most wonderful wrap around porch. I am a sucker for wrap around porches. It feels very old, very southern to me. It seems like a place where you would still sit outside in a 100 degree weather because you like to rock in your old rickety chair, listen to the fan wobble because it is on high speed and the blades are warped, enjoying a nice glass of sweet tea. Doesn't that sound southern to you? Maybe that is another non-reality thing, but it sounds nice to me.

Once you walk inside you find the most beautiful hand scraped, chocolate colored hardwood floors I have ever seen. Again, I must live here! The house itself isn't huge, but it sized just right. The back of the house is ALL windows so that you can look out over your 3.7 acres. Towards the back of the property you can see your greenhouse (love it), the pool and an extra house that is about the size of mine today.

Any guesses on what the property cost? Well, first let me tell you that when we drove up (it was open house day an we stumbled on this place) that Mark said we shouldn't go in. He didn't want to get out of the car, but see I was already in love. I had already mentally moved my family in so he had to get out. We get in and he doesn't even want to make eye contact with the realtor. I didn't care. Isn't looking free? You see, Mark is a much better judge of dollar figures than I am. He is also better with math and directions. Thank goodness our children have him to help with algebra class, because if they come to me, they will most assuredly fail. That side of my brain is not the strong one. Now, don't be fooled I'm no dummy and I can do basic math, but you put me in a calculus class and my eyes glaze over and I officially check out. Oh yeah, back on subject......the price of this fabulous home that should be mine because my family would look so nice and cozy sitting on that wrap around porch, playing music, dancing around, and sipping sweet tea......849K. Yeah baby! It was a wonderful place.

The funny moment of this afternoon was when I told the realtor that this was "a little" out of our price range. Mark wanted to crawl under a rock. What he heard was me telling the guy that we are poor. We are poor by no means, but I would say that 849K is a little out of our price range at this time. Goodness, I can't afford that place, my kids already have an ever growing college fund, but you see, they will both be like Mark, in that they will get scholarships to college :)

See what happens when I have been away for a few days? I can just barely get out one story. I can assure you that we have done 15 different things. My niece and nephew came over one day last week and we all went to feed the ducks, we finished painting the office (awesome BTW), and I could go on and on, but I won't bore you with the play-by-play. Remember I did that one day, we really aren't that interesting. Well, I am not anyway. Now, the kids are funny! Check out the pictures of the little lady. See what happens when you step away for 1 minute! This is what she does to this house everyday. I thought Jack was the Tasmanian devil. Let me just say that he has met his match for sure.





oh no, I think I'm busted...




I better run. Maybe she won't realize that I did it

Here are a few more random pictures. Click here.


Love ya -

Amy

No comments: