8.25.2009

First Order!

Yeah for me! Yeah for me! I received my first order for pictures today. Now, I bet you are thinking, "haven't you had two paying photo shoots?" Well, yes my friends I have, but let me just say that you learn from each experience. Anyway, I have my first order and it is a nice one. I was so excited and SHOCKED. Why? I don't know really. Maybe because for someone so new to this business thing it is hard to imagine that someone wants to pay me for my efforts. With a "real" job you work, you do what is required, and two weeks later they pay you (minus all the deductions) and you go on about your business. With this, you have to work your butt off. I have worked hard before, many times actually, but this is different. If I fall flat on my face or fail I have no one to turn to. No boss or superior to come in and rescue me from a disaster. If this is a disaster, it is ALL ME. Now, wouldn't you find that a little scary, a little intimidating? Anyway....so excited!

No comments: