8.13.2009

Everyone starts at the beginning

This morning I had to stop by the fabric store, since that is my new home away from home. Anyway, I have no clue how to read patterns or all of the things that are needed so I didn't have some elastic. This is not really the point of the story, actually it doesn't have much to do with fabric at all. I was having a conversation with a very helpful lady. Generally, I don't think people are all that helpful anymore, so it was quite nice to have someone that would talk to me and answer questions. So we are talking about button holes and she gave me the rundown on what to do and how to do it correctly. She emphasized the fact that I should practice several times before trying it out on the actual garment. So we are talking and I made the comment that I have made so many times lately, "well, I guess everyone has to start somewhere." See that is my mantra these days. When I start to get down or am exceptionally hard on myself about a new task I have tackled I remind myself that everyone had to start someplace. No one is an expert on something right out of the gate. So, she responds to me and says, "yes you are right. No one sits down at the piano for the first time and plays Mozart either. Everyone starts out as a beginner." I thought that was quite insightful of the little old lady at the fabric store. A little old lady that was incredibly helpful :)

There won't be any play-by-plays today. I'm too busy (ha....seriously). Not that there were actually play-by-plays yesterday, you just got a few more posts than normal.

I know that you enjoy the fact that this blog has or is evolving into something more than just pictures about my beautiful peeps :)

Love ya -

Amy

PS - I really need to do some research on how to come up with catchy blog titles. Well, off to vacuum and have lunch with a friend. I am already starving and it is only 9:45.

No comments: